Here’s a little side project I’ve been doing lately. Marvel/DC colorist Matthew Wilson has been really, really generous to me with advice about comics and coloring over the past year or so, and recently I’ve had the gracious opportunity to be somewhat of an apprentice to him on DC’s New 52 Wonder Woman title. I merely lay in random, flat colors on each page so he can go in and do his incredible, incredible thing, but it’s so much fun to get an inside look into the process of a DC comic. I just got the privilege to see a beautiful finished page and with his permission, I’m sharing it here. This page is from the upcoming issue #7 (out next week I believe), my flats being on the left, his unbelievable, finished coloring on the right.
I always love seeing Flats/Final Product pages side by side.
23 Notes/ Hide
- scrufflepufftimelord reblogged this from kylehiltonillustration and added:
- maywilliams likes this
- quesobandito reblogged this from smoonie
- mikemerg likes this
- christianstearry likes this
- artsmithstudios likes this
- patrickmoberg likes this
- mscotter83 reblogged this from kylehiltonillustration and added:
- mscotter83 likes this
- mscotter83 said: So are you saying Marvel on purpose??? And it comes out TOMORROW!!!!
- ooo0000ooo likes this
- monsterbeard said: Sweet!!!
- monsterbeard likes this
- deliciousbrains likes this
- risingconverging likes this
- katbirdseat said: Oh my gosh! Wonder Woman has been my favorite of the New 52 titles. I’m kind of blown away that you’re working on it. That’s awesome Kyle. I’m way beyond excited for you!!!!
- katbirdseat likes this
- smoonie reblogged this from kylehiltonillustration and added:
- smoonie likes this
- indel likes this
- snazzysnafu reblogged this from kylehiltonillustration
- kylehiltonillustration posted this